The Hillsdale Community Library offers its meeting room(s) to public groups wishing to present programs or hold meetings which serve the communities needs. Please call 437-6470 to reserve the room. There is a fee for the use of the room.
We have 3 meeting rooms available to rent during library hours. Each room can seat 25 people and currently, the wall can be retracted to make a larger room to seat 50-55.
Rules applying to all meetings
The Hillsdale Community Library offers its meeting room(s) to public groups or individuals wishing to present programs or hold meetings which serve the community’s needs
1-4 hours of usage: $25 for 1 room, $50 for 2 rooms, $75 for 3 rooms 4+ hours of usage: $50 for 1 room, $100 for 2 rooms, $150 for 3 rooms
The following rules apply to all meetings held at the HCL
- Groups using the rooms agree not to hold responsible the Hillsdale Community Library, the City of Hillsdale, its agents and representatives, from any and all suits, actions, claims, or demands arising from injuries to people or damage to or loss of property belonging to the organizations using the meeting rooms.
- Smoking, alcoholic beverages, and any illegal substances are not permitted on library property.
- Payment is due 1 week prior to the event. If the event is booked within 1 week of the event, payment is due at the time the room(s) is booked. Payment must be made by cash or check payable to: Hillsdale community Library. We DO NOT take credit cards.
- No refunds will be given, no exceptions.
- Each group is responsible for setting up tables, chairs, furniture and any equipment prior to the meeting and for returning all library property to its designated location at the close of the meeting.
- The group is responsible for leaving the room in a clean and orderly condition and will be billed for any damage to the room as a result of the group’s use.
- Eating and drinking in the main rooms of the library are strictly forbidden. Any group wishing to serve light refreshments must provide its own utensils for serving and preparation. Articles of food and drink must be consumed in the meeting room so designated and not carried into the halls, restroom or the library proper.
- Meetings must comply with the “Open Meetings Act” as it applies to the group.
- Granting the use of its meeting rooms does not imply endorsement or approval of the group, the meeting, or the ideas presented at the meeting by the library, its board and its employees, or the City of Hillsdale.
- This policy is subject to review and modification when deemed necessary by the Hillsdale Community Library Board at its sole discretion.
- Room rental is only available during our regular library hours of operation. After hours rental of our meeting rooms is NOT available to the public except at Library Director’s discretion.